This sea-sweet recipe is your new favorite ceviche...
- 1/4 cup dry white wine such as Dry Riesling, Pinot Gris, White Bordeaux, Vinho Verdé
- juice from 1 Meyer lemon, about 2 tbsp
- 2 tbsp Evoo
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 14 spot prawns, shells peeled
- 3 radishes, sliced thinly on a mandoline
- 1/3-1/2 small jalapeño, sliced thinly on a mandoline
- 1/4 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Pickled red onion, to garnish (you can reference the older recipe where I made the cured salmon toasts, or I can send if better)
- flaky salt
- crusty bread, to serve alongside
In a shallow bowl, combine the white wine, lemon juice, salt, and olive oil, and whisk to combine.
Add the radishes, jalapeño, and cilantro to the marinade and fold in until uniform. Add in the spot prawns and fold them in to coat in the mixture.
Allow the prawns to soak in the juices for 5-10 minutes, making them "drunken", then garnish with pickled red onions, scatter with flaky salt, and serve with crusty bread to sop up the juices.