A recipe by Sasha Swerdloff
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 4-ounce salmon fillet, skin removed
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil or other high heat oil
- 4 cups baby kale or arugula
- 1 cup red grapes
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
In a spice grinder or in a mortar and pestle, grind the fennel seeds, garlic, and salt until a paste forms. Coat both sides of the salmon fillet with the spice mixture.
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the salmon fillet and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, until golden and crispy and just cooked through, but still pink inside. Set aside to cool.
Meanwhile combine the greens, grapes, and red onion in a medium bowl. Once the salmon is cool enough to handle, break it into large flakes and add it to the bowl.
To make the dressing, combine the oil, vinegar, mustard and honey in a blender and puree until creamy.
Dress the salad and enjoy!← Back to Recipes