A recipe created by Melina Hammer
- 6 ounces leftover cooked sockeye salmon, broken into chunks- 4 ounces cured wild salmon, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tbsp salt-packed capers, rinsed well and finely chopped
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed of its juice
- zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
- sea salt & freshly cracked pepper
Use a fork to mash together butter and chives in a large, shallow bowl. Add mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish, lemon juice and zest, paprika, and capers and stir to incorporate fully.
Add in both preparations of salmon and dill, along with a few grinds of black pepper. Fold in to incorporate. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary. Pack rillettes firmly into small jars and store sealed in the refrigerator, or freeze. Keeps well-sealed in the freezer up to 6 months, or up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.