Recipe created in collaboration with NY Shuk.
- 1 jar/tin (6.5ounce) Smoked Salmon ( both their Coho and Sockeye salmon work really well in this recipe)
- 1/2- 3/4 cup sour cream (you can always replace part of this amount with yogurt if you prefer) start with 1/2 cup and add more accordingly to how creamy you like it.
- ½ cup chives, finely chopped (replace with scallions if you can't find chives)
- 3 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon cornichons, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of Preserved Lemon Paste
- 1 teaspoon Rosey Harissa Spice
- 1 teaspoon Fiery Harissa Spice (I find that the extra heat works well with the saltiness of the fish but feel free to use just the rosey harissa)
Remove the remaining of the salmon skin and crumble into flakes,
stir in the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Garnish with chopped chives and a sprinkle of the harissa spice.